Monday, November 12, 2012

A Call To Arms

By Valerie X Armstrong

Since starting my Facebook page, "The Survival of the Fattest/ A Fairytale for Fat Kids", I have been reading more articles on obesity so as to stay informed and also be able to pass on some items of interest to the page members.

 I always read the "comments" section of the articles, as well, to see what other's opinions are. One thing that has become overwhelmingly obvious to me is the abject hatred of fat people that most of these commenters have.
 If there were a KKK for fat bigots they would fit right in. It matters not to them why a person is fat. They all believe the stereotype and they are disgusted by it. They have no compassion for fat people whatsoever.

 I often wondered how Hitler could recruit such heartless henchmen, but now I see. If they had their way, we would all be eliminated and they would gladly volunteer to do the eliminating. I don't know why they think like that, but they do.

 I knew from my own personal experience of living in a fat body that there was prejudice, but I didn't realize it was so widespread and heinous. The hatred spans all walks of life, from people who write intelligently and claim to be MD's or PHD's to people who can barely get their nasty message typed out because of their stupidity. They all have one common ground, their hatred of fat people. 

This my friends is a call to arms...War has been declared against us. Take every opportunity available to you to respond to these comments. Fight this oppression every chance you get, in every way you can, within reason. No one is going to give us our human rights unless we stand up and demand them. It can be done but we must ALL work together, not only for our own sake but for future generations

No comments:

Post a Comment